Dr Xiangdong Liu
Academic Visitor from Nanjing Agricultural University
Address: None available
I have strong interests in the ecology and evolution of aphid life-history, host plant specialisation, flight behaviour, and resistance to natural enemies. I worked in the aphid group as a postdoctoral researcher funded by the China Scholarship Council (CSC), and mainly investigating the effects of the bacterial secondary symbiont and genotype of pea aphid, Acyrthosiphon pisum on the resistance to fungus.
- Geng T, Liu X. 2009 Population dynamics of Aphis gossypii Glover on hibiscus tree in summer and its capacity to utilize other host-plants. Scientia Agricultura Sinica, 42 (4): 1452-1457.
- Liu X, Zhai B, Zhang X, Gu H. 2008 Variability and genetic basis for migratory behaviour in a spring population of the aphid, Aphis gossypii Glover in the Yangtze River Valley of China. Bulletin of Entomological Research, 98 (5): 491-497.
- Liu X, Zhai B, Zhang X. 2008 Specialized host-plant performance of the cotton aphid is altered by experience. Ecological Research, 23 (5): 919-925.
- Liu X, Zhai B, Liang S, Xu X, Gong Qi. 2006 Migratory and sedentary strains of Aphis gossypii Glover and the flight characeristics of their hybridized offspring. Acta Entomologica Sinica, 49 (4): 619-624.
- Liu X, Zhai B, Zhang X, Zong J. 2005 Impact of transgenic cotton plants on a non-target pest, Aphis gossypii Glover. Ecological Entomology, 30: 307-315.